Aurora Parks and Recreation Department
COVID-19 UPDATE as of June 12, 2020
- Parks are open! Please follow these guidelines in all public areas:
- Do not gather in groups of more than 10 people
- Minimum 6’ social distancing
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Cover coughs or sneezes
- No shaking hands
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when near others (recommended).
- Playgrounds, skate park, dog park, and community garden are open. Please follow guidelines at all locations.
- Athletic fields are open for groups less than 10 and for leagues. Additional guidelines are posted at each field. Click Here for State Guidelines - Others may apply
- Shelters are open for groups of no more than 10 as long as guidelines are followed.
- The following cancellations/closures are in effect through July 1, 2020 according to ODH Order:
- All Walker Building activities
- Sunny Lake Park Boathouse
- Senior program trips
- Community Events
- Summer Community Education classes and camps
- Summer sports camps
- Access to the Walker Building remains limited to staff: call 330-562-4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will update www.auroraoh.com and our Facebook page as more information becomes available
Aurora Strong: We can do this!Our 24-passenger bus provides many opportunities for Seniors to participate and see many points of interest within approximately 1.5 hours.
Pre-Registration is required for all trips. All checks made payable to City of Aurora. Your ticket / seat is not guaranteed until payment is made.
Refunds are honored up to 1 month before the trip unless tickets have been purchased. In that case you are responsible for securing your own replacement in order to get a full refund.
All trips depart from the parking lot of City Hall and arrival time should be 15 minutes before departure time on your receipt or calendar. If there are any changes you will be contacted by phone or mailer.
For a complete list of upcoming trips, check out the Senior Newsletter.