- Recreational Basketball
- Travel Basketball
- Travel Basketball Tournament
- Spring Boys/Girls Rec B-ball
- Youth Summer Basketball
Fall 2017 / Winter 2018
The Aurora Parks and Recreation Boys and Girls Basketball Program is once again partnering with the Cleveland Cavaliers youth basketball program, the Junior Cavaliers.
Each participant will receive:
- Cavaliers game ticket
- Additional tickets are available to family and friends
- Receive group seating for the game
- Receive an opportunity for unique on-court activities
All participants that register after the registration deadline will be put on a waiting list and additional teams will be formed as late registrations are received
- K - 1st grade
- 2nd - 3rd grade
- 4th - 5th grade
- 6th - 8th grade
Registration to begin August 31, 2017
- Early Bird Deadline October 20, 2017
- Practices begin week of November 13, 2017
- Saturday games December 2, 2017 - January 27, 2017
- Picture Day December 9, 2017
- Early Bird Deadline January 12, 2018
- Practices begin week of January 29, 2018
- Saturday games February 17, 2018 - April 7, 2018
- Picture Day February 24, 2018
VIEW PICTURE SCHEDULE
- Resident: $85
- Non-resident: $95
- Early bird discount: $20 applied before October 20 - January 12 deadlines
Solon Community Center
Kenston Gardner Center
Kenston Timmons Elementary
View practice schedule
Aurora Youth Travel Basketball Association
The AYBA travel teams participate in the Midwest Travel League with all games at Kenston Schools in Bainbridge. The regular season consists of 8 regular season games and a double elimination tournament. The teams then participate in 4 local community team tournaments.
It is the intention of the AYBA to form up to 2 travel teams per grade if possible.
Cost per player is $250.
2017 Evaluation Tryout Schedule TBD
The Aurora Youth Basketball Association (AYBA) will be scheduling travel team evaluations/tryouts for the 2017-18 basketball season in early October. The tryouts are for Aurora residents - boys in grades 3rd, through 6th & girls in grades 4th through 6th. There will be a skills evaluation session and a "simulated" game evaluation session for both boys and girls. Players need only attend one of the tryout dates. We will only use the first tryout date attended for our evaluation.
Tryouts will be held
Girls grades 3-4-5-6 Monday Oct. 2 & Wednesday Oct. 4
Boys grades 3-4-5-6 Tuesday Oct. 3 & Thursday Oct. 5
High School – 6p-9p
Boys grades 3 & 4 @ 6pm
Girls grades 3, 4 & 5 @ 7pm
Boys 5 @ 7pm
Boys & Girls grade 6 @ 8pm
Dates and times subject to change
There will be open gym time for travel players to "sharpen" their skills before evaluations.
For additional information please call Ed Poremba at 330-995-9153 .
Volunteer Coaches Application
2018 Aurora Travel Basketball Tournament
Wednesday Feb 7th - Sunday Feb 11th
- Girls Teams: 4th through 6th Grade
- Boys Teams: 4th through 6th Grade
- Registration Deadline: Friday, Jan. 19, 2018
- $210 per team
Game Admissions Fee
|| Daily Admission
|| Tournament Wristband
| Student (ages 8 -17)
| Children (ages under 7)
| Aurora Student
Tournament schedule and scores
4th Grade Boys
5th Grade Boys
5th Grade Girls
6th Grade Girls
Registration deadline is Friday, March 17, 2017.
Games will be officiated by licensed officials and follow current OSHAA rules including a maximum of 2 school varsity players per team. If insufficient numbers register, program participants will play in an open gym format.
- 4th - 5th Grade
- 6th - 8th Grade
- 9th - 12th Grade
- 4th - 5th Grade
- 6th - 8th Grade
- April 4 - May 11, 2017
- Tuesday and Thursday
- 6 - 9 p.m.
- Leighton/Harmon School (TBD)
- $60 residents
- $70 non-residents
- Fee Includes team T-shirt
Youth Co-ed Summer Basketball Open Gym
The Aurora Parks and Recreation Department will have a basketball open gym for boys and girls ages 8 - 14. All Aurora students in the third - eighth grade for the 2016/2017 school year are welcome to participate.
- Daily drop-in: $5
- 3 sessions
- June 12, 2016 - June 26, 2017
- Mondays, 6-8 p.m,
- High School Auxiliary Gym