The City of Aurora is taking the following steps to address the evolving coronavirus crisis:
1. We have arranged for special disinfecting to occur each weekend in our city buildings. The product we are using lasts two weeks but we are having the disinfecting done weekly. The Walker Building will be disinfected again after voting Tuesday as well.
2. Senior trips and events, ongoing programs and community education have been cancelled to April 6. We are working with instructors to adjust scheduling for classes scheduled to begin before April 13.
3. Sports scheduled to begin the first week of April will be delayed until after April 6.
4. City committee meetings are being cancelled on a case by case basis, but we are monitoring critical deadlines for constituents, developers etc. Please call City Hall at 330.562.6131 regarding any meeting about which you have questions.
5. Council meetings will continue at the present time, and we are exploring streaming options.
6. The Aurora Transportation Program is continuing to drive residents as scheduled.
7. We strongly encourage members of the public to conduct their city business by telephone and email if at all possible.